Huddersfield-lads

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Huddersfield-lads

Football and banter

+3
OLD HUDDS
olderfyc
BarnsleyOldUn
7 posters

Oldaham vs Barnsley mid 90s ... stop off in Hudds

BarnsleyOldUn

Oldaham vs Barnsley mid 90s ... stop off in Hudds Empty Oldaham vs Barnsley mid 90s ... stop off in Hudds

Post  BarnsleyOldUn Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:04 pm

FA Cup stop offs are also the stuff of ledgend ... especially when a 150 of us stopped off in Hudds after an FA Cup tie at Oldaham in the mid 90s .... any memories?
    olderfyc
    olderfyc

Oldaham vs Barnsley mid 90s ... stop off in Hudds Empty Re: Oldaham vs Barnsley mid 90s ... stop off in Hudds

Post  olderfyc Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:03 am

BarnsleyOldUn wrote:FA Cup stop offs are also the stuff of ledgend ... especially when a 150 of us stopped off in Hudds after an FA Cup tie at Oldaham in the mid 90s .... any memories?

anything happen at ours? i cant remember off the top of my head but i remember quite a few bits at yours at the bottom of the hill and near train station and i think it was at yours when a pub got wrecked one year
    OLD HUDDS
    OLD HUDDS

Oldaham vs Barnsley mid 90s ... stop off in Hudds Empty Re: Oldaham vs Barnsley mid 90s ... stop off in Hudds

Post  OLD HUDDS Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:33 am

BarnsleyOldUn wrote:FA Cup stop offs are also the stuff of ledgend ... especially when a 150 of us stopped off in Hudds after an FA Cup tie at Oldaham in the mid 90s .... any memories?

Remember it well,had to be dragged out of the pub when we realised it had filled up with you lot.(Deans bar)
    A few of yours ended up in hospital that night if I remember rightly.
    BarnsleyOldUn

Oldaham vs Barnsley mid 90s ... stop off in Hudds Empty Worst FA Cup stop off was ...

Post  BarnsleyOldUn Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:22 am

In the late 80s we had a 3rd round tie ar Caernarfon in N. Wales .... we took 2,000 of a 4,000 crowd, all the lads were there, and after seeing off the local Leeds + beer monsters (yep all their lads were Leeds), several mini buses full of us stopped off at Chester ... confidence was high, and we were up for "it" ..... we had not been to Chester for a good few years, but Chester was always thought of as an easy touch, as we would take 2-3000 fans, which is almost as many as the home fans ....
    However we soon to find out this was not the right time/place for a stop off .... we arrived in Chester at about 6pm and settled in a nice pub next to the city walls .... at about 7pm a number of lads who had gone to the local chippy came running back and burst into the pub, shouting Chester are here ..... so it was "sup up your beer and collect your fags" time (Paul Weller) .... so out we went ... BIG MISTAKE ..... Chester had been away at Wrexham that day, and the whole 16-40 male population seemed to be streeming down the street in the direction of our pub .... needless to say, we got battered, run, battered, run ..... and left Chester with our tails firmly beneeth our legs .....
    Great times indeed Smile
    hyc

Post  hyc Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:19 pm

i remember you lot doing a tour of yorkshire on a stag do and stopping off,also one of yours fired some cs spray at us in our end,got out sharpish though,decent mob you dingles.
    HD2

Post  HD2 Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:11 pm

hyc wrote:i remember you lot doing a tour of yorkshire on a stag do and stopping off,also one of yours fired some cs spray at us in our end,got out sharpish though,decent mob you dingles.

I remember that was stood just outside Abrahams when they came around the corner. Me and my mate were quite greatful of the bouncer shutting the doors as we'd have been mullered.
    Barnsley

Post  Barnsley Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:03 pm

To the Oldham bloke, the pub that got wrecked (if we're on about the same incident) was Draycott's in 1990. Your lot were drinking in there when a group of Barnsley walked in and it went off?
    olderfyc
    olderfyc

Post  olderfyc Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:16 pm

Barnsley wrote:To the Oldham bloke, the pub that got wrecked (if we're on about the same incident) was Draycott's in 1990. Your lot were drinking in there when a group of Barnsley walked in and it went off?

few of ours got jail for that Shocked
    Barnsley

Post  Barnsley Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:47 am

I think a handful of Barnsley did too.... there were a few knocks at the doors for it.
    old fyc

Post  old fyc Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:24 am

3 months for me for that draycoots, remember it well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm