Huddersfield-lads

Football and banter


    Exeter away in April - Express & Echo article

    Share

    Out of Town

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2009-02-22

    Exeter away in April - Express & Echo article

    Post  Out of Town on Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:53 am

    Blitz on Exeter City hooligans welcomed by fans
    By eleanor gregson

    EXETER City supporters have welcomed action by police to drive out football hooliganism in the city.

    Their comments come as more people are arrested in connection with a mass daytime brawl in Exeter city centre between rival fans.

    As previously reported in the Echo, six suspected football hooligans were arrested earlier in the week as part of a major investigation into organised violence in the city.

    A further three men have now been brought into police custody and will face questioning about the incident.

    The clash, which happened prior to the Grecian's match against Huddesfield on Saturday, May 8, involved several Exeter City supporters, three Huddlesfield fans and one Plymouth Argyle supporter.

    Scores of officers descended on addresses across Exeter and Exmouth as part of Operation Goalpost.

    They seized mobile phones, laptops and clothing. Police said the items may be used in evidence for any future prosecutions.

    The operation, led by the force's football intelligence unit, is the biggest of its kind for some time.

    And police said they are still seeking further individuals in connection with the brawl.

    Chairman of Exeter City Supporters' Club, Roger Hamilton-Kendall, said football hooligans "tarnish" the reputation of Exeter City.

    He told the Echo: "These individuals can't be called supporters because they bring down the name of Exeter City Football Club and tarnish the reputation of the club by their actions whether they attend the game or not.

    "We don't want that sort of trouble at the football ground or in the city centre.

    "The club has a high level of policing and stewarding and we don't want that bill to increase so any action taken by the police to cut out such incidents is welcomed."

    Police are expected to seek football banning orders for the individuals — barring them from attending future matches for a minimum of three years.

    Mr Hamilton-Kendall added: "If these individuals are found to be guilty of being involved in organised violent disorder then we would welcome football banning orders preventing them for attending future matches."

    Inspector Steve Bickley, leading the operation, said: "Exeter supporters who are deemed to be a risk have been causing some problems in the last couple of seasons.

    "We want to get control of the risk group and obtain banning orders in respect of them and bring their behaviour under control.

    "Not only do these incidents of violent disorder affect football, it also affects the city centre."


    Out of Town

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2009-02-22

    as above

    Post  Out of Town on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:09 pm

    ok May then

    Out of Town

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2009-02-22

    Exeter update

    Post  Out of Town on Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:02 pm

    seems the altercation with our London posse and a guest has put away half the sly crew at this rate


    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Plymouth Herald 9 Oct

    New arrests in hooligans brawl probe
    By eleanor gregson

    POLICE have arrested a further two suspected football hooligans in connection with a mass daytime brawl in the city centre – taking the total arrested to 13.

    Numerous arrests have been made over the last two weeks as part of an investigation into organised violence in Exeter.

    As reported in the Echo, those arrested are believed to have been involved in a gang fight between Exeter City fans and rival supporters which spilled out into the city's High Street.

    Several of the suspects were traced after an appeal for information in the Echo.

    Images of the men captured on CCTV were released by the force and sparked a number of calls to police.

    The investigation — named Operation Goalpost and being led by Devon & Cornwall Police's football intelligence unit — follows an incident before Exeter's match against Huddersfield on Saturday, May 8, close to Next at about 2.10pm.

    Police said they were seeking to obtain football banning orders for all the individuals, barring them from future matches for a minimum of three years.

    The move to drive out football hooliganism from the city has been welcomed by Grecians supporters.

    The chairman of Exeter City Supporters' Club, Roger Hamilton-Kendall, said football louts "tarnish" the reputation of Exeter City.

    Six people were initially arrested after officers descended on addresses across the city. A further seven have now been arrested, but detectives say they may still make further arrests.

    Inspector Steve Bickley, leading the operation, said: "This is our biggest operation of its kind for some time.

    "Exeter supporters deemed to be a risk have been causing some problems in the last couple of seasons. We want to get control of the risk group and obtain banning orders in respect of them and bring their behaviour under control.

    "Not only do these incidents of violent disorder affect football, they also affect the city centre."


    Out of Town

    Posts : 27
    Join date : 2009-02-22

    Plymouth - Exeter last night JPT

    Post  Out of Town on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:33 am


    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-11724388

    Fuck me Exeter involved again, the 'Wall of the south west, it was nowt like that the other week down there, must have been D's infiltration.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Exeter away in April - Express & Echo article

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:36 am